December has arrived. Do you know where your year-end payroll data is? Do you have it under control or are you asking, “What year-end payroll data?”
Fear not, we have checklists to get you caught up and ahead of schedule for closing out year-end payroll. For November’s list, click here.
- Prep year-end deposits and determine if estimated deposits or next–day drafts need to be made.
- Obtain information from AP about any special payments that should be included in payroll.
- Prep state and local reconciliation due date charts.
- Review and input fringe benefits to process on last payroll. Don’t forget Group Life.
- Complete setup/testing of new benefit codes and other changes for first payroll next year.
- Be sure to have employee benefit changes ready to upload for next year.
December is pretty easy, but January makes up for it. If you’re to check-out only one checklist, make it January’s.. Thanks to APA www.americanpayroll.org for their help.
The above list is not inclusive. Be sure to customize lists for your particular needs.