Note: Running Fridays in FromGregsHead.com, is a continuing series of tips brought to you by Greg Price. These run Saturday mornings during the BusinessMaker’s Radio Show on KPRC 950AM. Audio files can be found on the Entrepreneur’s Playbook™ page of the PKF Texas website.
The turbulent times we face today shakes confidence, diminishes the value of financial assets, and creates uncertainty for businesses, consumers, and governments. History however, informs us that shifts in the economic landscape also offer unique opportunities for those able to look past the near-term difficulties and seek out opportunities. As Warren Buffet once said, “Make money by selling when people are buying, and buying when people are selling.”
Organizations can choose to retrench, or they can choose to prepare for success and leadership roles. If they take the latter approach, returns from those hard fought battles will turn into better business processes and provide the positioning to fill new niches or those surrendered by competitors. Based upon their customer experiences Microsoft has developed a framework from which you can build for the future. This includes:
- Getting more out of your IT investments, driving efficiencies and managing costs.
- Mapping IT investments with strategic priorities.
- Replace aging systems that cannot grow when the economy recovers.
- Ensuring a strong environment of collaboration.
- Invest in business analytics to understand what the numbers are telling you.