As you know PKF Texas actively supports Houston and its business community in a variety of capacities. One way we show our support is through the sponsorship of area award programs. Two such programs are currently accepting nominations: The Best Places to Work in Houston and the Best CFOs in Houston.
PKF Texas has been a proud sponsor of the Best Places to Work award program since 2005. The fact that so many Houston companies have dedicated their time and resources to making sure they have the best and happiest employees who love what they do is phenomenal. The Best Places to Work in Houston nomination is due March 28th. The categories are as follows:
- 10 to 100 employees
- 101 to 500 employees
- 501 + employees
- Companies with a large presence
In its 2nd year, the Best CFOs honors outstanding performance of Houston area chief financial officers in their roles as corporate financial stewards. The award luncheon is held in conjunction with the Houston Business Journal’s Celebrate Enterprise! event. The Best CFOs nomination is due March 20th. The entry categories are as follows:
- Emerging Public Company CFO (2007 revenues of less than $150 million)
- Large Public Company CFO (2007 revenues of more than $150 million)
- Emerging Private Company CFO (2007 revenues of less than $75 million)
- Large Private Company CFO (2007 revenues of more than $75 million)
- Large Nonprofit CFO (2007 total gross receipts of more than $5 million)
- Small Nonprofit CFO (2007 total gross receipts of less than $5 million)
- Best Growth Manager: To a CFO who developed the most creative way to diminish debt and achieve profitable growth through both organic and acquisition means.
- Best Turnaround Specialist: To a CFO who led the best effort to transition his/her company from ailing to acceptable.
- Good Samaritan: To a CFO who makes a contribution, not only to their company, but also to the community. (Includes pro bono work)
- (NEW CATEGORY) Best Investor Relations Program:
- *Large Public Company CFO (12.31.2007 market capitalization of more than $5 billion)
- *Small Public Company CFO (12.31.2007 market capitalization of less than $5 billion)
Houston is a great place to live and work and with programs like the Best Places to Work and Best CFOs it can only get better. I hope you take the time to submit your company or CFO for these honors. Good luck!