Calling all Aggies! You’ve read about it, you’ve talked about it with your fellow Aggies, you’ve even thought “Hey, maybe my company could be one of the 100…” Well, now’s your chance to join an elite group of Aggie business owners. Nominations are now open for the 2008 Aggie 100.
Created by Mays Business School’s Center for New Ventures and Entrepreneurship, the Aggie 100 identifies, recognizes and celebrates the 100 fastest growing Aggie-owned or Aggie-led businesses in the world. The Aggie 100 not only celebrates their success, it also provides a forum to pass lessons to the next generation of Aggie entrepreneurs.
To be considered for the Aggie 100 program companies (corporations, partnerships, and sole proprietorships) must meet the following criteria:
- Company Size and Longevity – The Company must meet both of the following criteria:
- Have been in business for 5 years or more as of June 30, 2008, and
- Have had verifiable revenues of $100,000 or more for calendar year 2005.
- Aggie Leadership – The Company must meet one or more of the following three criteria:
- A Texas A&M University former student or group of former students must have owned 50% or more of the company from January 1, 2005 through December 31, 2007, or
- A Texas A&M University former student must have served as the Company’s chief executive (for example chairman, CEO, president or managing partner) from January 1, 2005 through December 31, 2007, or
- A Texas A&M University former student must have founded the company and been active as a member of the most senior management team from January 1, 2005 through December 31, 2007.
- Company Character – The Company must operate in a manner consistent with the Aggie Code of Honor and in keeping with the values and image of Texas A&M University.
The nomination form can be found here: http://aggie100.com/nominate/
As the accountants for and the sponsors of the Aggie 100, PKF Texas is proud to play a part in the celebration of Aggie entrepreneurship. If you have any questions contact Lenae Huebner at 979-845-4882 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.