Ryan Istre, CPA
CO-CREATE | CO-DEVELOP | DELIVER
A Houston-based firm of CPAs and professional advisors co-developing solutions with our clients at every stage of the business life cycle.
Ryan has extensive experience in providing external audit services to domestic and international businesses in the areas of real estate, manufacturing and energy services for both the public and private sector.
His SEC compliance and reporting includes initial public offering registrations on Forms 10, S-1, S-3 and S-11, annual and quarterly compliance filings on Forms 10-K and 10-Q as well as special Regulation S-X audits and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance reporting.
- Real Estate
- Energy and Oilfield Services
- Manufacturing and Distribution
- Private Equity
- Publicly Traded Entities
CPA, Certified Public Accountant
Pannell Kerr Forster of Texas, P.C., Houston, TX, 2000 - Present
Senior Manager 2008 - 2014
University of Louisiana, Lafayette, LA
Bachelor of Business Administration – Accounting, 2000
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Greater Houston Partnership – Business Development Program Co-Chair
- Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo – Premium Seating Committee
- Neighborhood Centers, Inc. – Finance Committee
- Greater Houston Partnership – Ambassador Committee
- Greater Houston Partnership – Steering Committee of Business Leadership Roundtable
- "Unusual and infrequent times: What are the implications of Covid-19 on your financial statements?" - Houston Business Journal, September 2020
- Article quote, “The Mobile Phone Debate" – Intuit ProAdvisor and Intuit Tax Newsletter, 2013
What do you like best about helping clients?
I like being relied upon by my clients to provide the answers to issues when they need help – it's also great to know that they appreciate the help and hard work that our staff put into their projects.
What energizes you about working at PKF Texas?
After working here for 17 years, it's comforting to know that the overall values of the company have not changed. That keeps me motivated.
What do you do in your spare time?
I travel as often as I can, and I try to limit my travels to places that I haven't been before - both within the United States and internationally.
What's your favorite season?
My favorite time of the year to travel is Summer time - there are so many more options - but Winter is my favorite time of year to be home.
Do you own any pets?
Yes, I have a dog named Lelu.
What kind of music do you like?
I like nearly all kinds of music; it varies depending on what I'm doing and what sort of mood I'm in.
My favorite movie of all time is the Fifth Element. In fact, I named my dog after the main character of the movie.
- Brian Baumler, CPA
- Rafael Carsalade, CPA
- Chris Dodd, CPA
- Martin Euson, JD
- Sonia Freeman, CPA, CGMA
- Matthew Goldston, CPA, CM&AA, CVA, CEPA
- Annabella Green, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, PAFM
- Kenneth Guidry, CPA
- Chris Hatten, CPA, CM&AA, CVA
- Byron Hebert, CPA, CTP
- Nikki Homratsamy, CPA
- Ryan Istre, CPA
- Frank Landreneau, CPA
- Marty Lindle, CPA, CGMA
- Sam Razmandi, CPA
- Nicole Riley, CPA, CFE
- Emily Smikal, CPA
- Jim Streets, CPA
- Michael Veuleman, CPA
- Gary Voth, CPA, JD
- J. Del Walker, CPA