Annabella Green, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, PAFM
CO-CREATE | CO-DEVELOP | DELIVER
A Houston-based firm of CPAs and professional advisors co-developing solutions with our clients at every stage of the business life cycle.
Annabella Green joined PKF Texas in July of 2004 as Firm Administrator to oversee the day-to-day operation of the office. With over 17 years’ experience in Human Resources and a certification as Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), her responsibilities are primarily for the Firm’s Human Resources policies and management, overseeing the Human Capital Support and the Administrative team. Her experience includes working closely with Practice Leaders to set firm-wide policy, as well as planning, organizing, directing and controlling the operations of the firm. She implements, creates, updates and documents employee policies and procedures. She handles employee benefits, approval of accounts payables, regulatory compliance and all related functions of human resources. She supervises the administrative team and oversees recruiting, retention and training for the firm.
Prior to joining PKF Texas, Green was Assistant Vice President of Human Resources at ABN Amro Bank. Green graduated from the University of Houston, majoring in Business Administration with a concentration in Finance.
- Firm Administration
- Human Resources Compliance
- Human Capital Support
SPHR, Senior Professional in Human Resources
SHRM-SCP, Society of Human Resource Management-Senior Certified Professional
PAFM, CPAFMA's Public Accounting Firm Manager
Pannell Kerr Forster of Texas, P.C., Houston, TX
Director, January 2009 – Present
Firm Administrator, 2004 – 2009
ABN Amro Bank, Houston, TX
Assistant Vice President, Human Resources - 1987-2000
University of Houston, Houston, TX
Bachelor of Business Administration - Finance, 1987
Southern Methodist University, Dallas, TX
Oracle Database Administrator
- CPA Firm Management Association
- Society of Human Resources Management
- HR Houston
- Houston Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Human Capital Institute
- ACE Award (Firm Administrator of the Year) – Association of Accounting Administrators, 2007
- "Sourcing contractors for your business? Why choosing from the local talent pool makes sense" - Houston Business Journal, November 2019
- "Sourcing Contractors for Your Business: Pooling from the Right Pond" - Leading Edge Digital Magazine, November 2019
- "End-of-Year Employee Manual Review: What You Need to Know" - Leading Edge Digital Magazine, 2018
- Human Capital: "How to Motivate Employees and Retain our Greatest Asset" – Leading Edge Magazine, Volume 7, Issue 2
- Model participant, "Women in the Fast Lane" STEAM Luncheon - Greater Houston Women's Chamber of Commerce, September 2019
- Human Capital Strategist
- “Volunteer Outreach Provides Benefits to Community & PKF Texas” – Leading Edge – Spring 2005
Why did you choose to be a CPA and/or advisor?
Who said I did? I chose the field of HR to have an active role in the culture of the Firm.
What do you like best about helping clients?
My clients are the employees and stakeholders of the Firm. I like to see the people feel that I have lifted a weight off their shoulders... lightened their load.
What energizes you about your job?
I feel energized when I get to be part of the solution.
What energizes you about working at PKF Texas?
The can-do, always happy and quick to laugh demeanor of my HC team energizes me.
Why are you passionate about serving this niche?
Because if you are not passionate about what you do every day, why get out of bed?
Where are you from?
I was born in El Salvador.
What's your favorite season?
What's your favorite sport to follow?
Do you own any pets?
I do. Charlie - Welsh Terrier who is 14 years old.
Black and White.
What kind of music do you like?
The 70s, disco, salsa, upbeat music.
What is your favorite book/author? Or What are you reading right now?
I have four books and three magazines going on at the same time. I like self-help or personal improvement books. Don't care for fiction.
What's your favorite vacation destination?
Colorado in the summer.
Depends on the mood.
Who was/is the most influential person in your life?
My husband, Tom, has been the most influential person in my life.
What is your most-prized possession?
My dog, Charlie.
What’s something cool we don’t know about you?
I can speak pig Latin in Spanish.
- Brian Baumler, CPA
- Rafael Carsalade, CPA
- Chris Dodd, CPA
- Martin Euson, JD
- Sonia Freeman, CPA, CGMA
- Matthew Goldston, CPA, CM&AA, CVA, CEPA
- Annabella Green, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, PAFM
- Kenneth Guidry, CPA
- Chris Hatten, CPA, CM&AA, CVA
- Byron Hebert, CPA, CTP
- Nikki Homratsamy, CPA
- Ryan Istre, CPA
- Frank Landreneau, CPA
- Marty Lindle, CPA
- Sam Razmandi, CPA
- Nicole Riley, CPA, CFE
- Chip Schweiger, CPA, CGMA
- Emily Smikal, CPA
- Jim Streets, CPA
- Danielle Supkis Cheek, CPA, CFE, CVA
- Michael Veuleman, CPA
- Gary Voth, CPA, JD
- J. Del Walker, CPA