Note: Running Fridays in FromGregsHead.com, is a continuing series of tips brought to you by Greg Price. These run Saturday mornings during the BusinessMaker’s Radio Show on KPRC 950AM. Audio files can be found on the PKF Texas – Entrepreneur’s Playbook® page of the PKF Texas website.
When times are tight, a good way to maximize your marketing budget is to sponsor events that are key to branding your business in targeted market segments.
The question is, how do you choose where to spend your sponsorship dollars?
When evaluating a potential event, ask yourself these questions:
• Where will I get the most exposure?
• Who are the other sponsors? How will they leverage their sponsorship?
• Are my competitors involved?
• How will being branded with this event shape conversations with clients and prospects?
• Are we getting involved at the right time?
Look to your local business journal, industry organizations or niche award programs for events that will give you the most return on your investment. The Houston Business Journal, for example, has an events listing on their webpage, Houston.Bizjournals.com. Attend the events you are interested to get a feel for whether or not your sponsorship will be worth the time and money. A consistent sponsorship effort can turn into the gift that keeps giving to your business.