Note: Running Fridays in FromGregsHead.com, is a continuing series of tips brought to you by Greg Price. These run Saturday mornings during the BusinessMaker’s Radio Show on KPRC 950AM. Audio files can be found on the PKF Texas – Entrepreneur’s Playbook® page of the PKF Texas website.
In nearly every field, technology provides a way to examine and analyze the most granular elements, tasks, and decisions. The result is a wealth of new information and new complexities to deal with in gaining Business Insight.
The following are sources from which you can gain insight into your business, customers, and the world.
- Subscription Data. From watching global events, to text mining on RSS feeds can provide a wide range of insight obtained through social media sources.
- Business Processes. Automated business processes are a great source insight. Trends hidden in the databases can unlock hidden where and how processes go wrong.
- Enterprise Systems. Provide data rich environments; the trick is getting the right KPIs or analytics to discover new products or services.
- Instruments and Devices. Some of our daily tools and instruments are becoming more data and network enabled. For example, my new HP wireless printer at home has lots of information and makes suggestions for presentations of my data.
- Public Data. The UN, the World Bank, Chambers and Economic Development Districts give insights into demographics and markets. Local, state and Federal governments have rich repositories of data as well.