I had the opportunity to visit with Randy Woelfel, Managing Director of Energy and Maryanne Barker, Associate Director of Development both of the Houston Technology Center and I was very impressed with their report on the upcoming Energy Technology Venture Conference this coming March 6 and 7. They have several companies presenting the ideas and opportunities that are very exciting. If you are in the investment space for energy technologies you need to be at this conference.
The conference will bring together 30 of the most promising emerging energy technology companies with an audience of venture capitalists, private equity, angel and corporate investors and related financial professionals. Energy companies seeking new solutions will have an opportunity to identify technologies of interest and meet the people who developed them. This exciting two-day celebration of innovation offers the best networking and learning opportunities for business, energy and financial professionals.
John Hofmeister, President of Shell Oil Company will be the keynote speaker. Gary C. Evans, Chairman & CEO of GreenHunter Energy Inc. will present the opening address.
There is also going to be a great VC panel discussing Bringing Technology and Finance Together to Ensure Global Energy Supply. The participants are listed below
- Moderator: Lane Sloan – Director, University of Houston Strategic Energy Alliance – Special Assistant to Provost
- C. Michael Ming – President, Research Partnership to Secure Energy for America (RPSEA)
- Fred Charlton – Managing Director, Simmons Company International
- Cheryl Smith Bryan, Managing Director, Boyden Global Executive Search
- Helge Tveit – Partner and President, Houston Office, Energy Ventures
- Marianne Wu – Partner, Mohr Davidow Ventures
If you’re interested in attending this great event, you must register here by Monday, March 3 at 3:00pm. It is $450 per person to attend. If you have any questions, contact Natalie Padilla at (713) 658-1750 or NPadilla@houstontech.org. I hope to see you there!