Real Work, Right Now
CO-CREATE | CO-DEVELOP | DELIVER
- Why Choose PKF Texas?
- Interns & Recent Grads
- Experienced Professionals
- Current Openings
Real Work, Right Now
The most important part of your internship is the work you will be doing while serving our clients. Our “real work, right now” culture ensures you receive the best hands-on training during your internship – working with a variety of real clients on engagements from start to finish.
After a two week training period, you will be assigned to one or more clients alongside our team members.
Associates in both departments may help train newer staff, assist with campus recruiting and participate in firm/departmental meetings, task forces and continuing professional education.
What types of work will I do?
Audit interns will be out in the field with the associates and seniors leading the engagement. Tax interns will be assigned to project teams where they will complete various types of tax returns. Below is a sample of the types of tasks interns and new associates may be assigned during the course of an engagement.
- Learn and apply PKF Texas’ audit approach for a variety of testing areas, such as legal expenses, cash, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and property and equipment
- Prepare electronic audit work using a variety of applications, including Microsoft Office and innovative audit software
- Communicate directly with the client to request audit evidence, to make investigative inquiries, and to verify understanding of the client’s business and accounting procedures
- Responsible for sending and tracking of confirmations used to verify account balances, such as cash, accounts receivable, and notes payable.
- Perform tests of internal controls
- Test legal expenses, including identifying instances of potential litigation
- Test bank statement reconciliations
- Test accounts receivable aging schedules
- Test accounts payable, including evaluation of vendor invoices
- Evaluate reasonableness of fixed asset lives and depreciation computations
- Observe inventory test counts (associates)
- Learn about PKF Texas’ process to complete a return
- Prepare individual, corporate, partnership, estate, trust and gift returns
- Prepare multistate and city tax returns
- Assist with consulting projects
- Assist in research for IRS examinations and gather detail to support client position
- Draft responses to federal, state and city notices from taxing authorities
- Research tax issues
- Provide assistance with consulting engagements
- Prepare tax projections under different income and deduction variables