Tax Senior Associate - Private Client Services
CO-CREATE | CO-DEVELOP | DELIVER
- Why Choose PKF Texas?
- Interns & Recent Grads
- Experienced Professionals
- Current Openings
General Job Description
PKF Texas is actively seeking a Private Client Tax Senior Associate. This position reports directly to our Tax Managers, Tax Senior Managers and Directors and works collaboratively with the members of our expanding tax team. This position will have responsibilities in oversight of tax compliance for individual, gift, trust and estate tax returns for high net-worth clients. Additionally, the candidate may also be responsible for compliance oversight with enterprise related returns, primarily for related party flow through entities.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for leadership, learning and career advancement for the right candidate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Help manage client engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, directing and completing tax projects while effectively controlling time and expenses.
- Provide and develop tax planning techniques for clients while addressing client needs and seeking new opportunities for existing and potential clients; make recommendations for appropriate additional services.
- Plan and coordinate partnership, S-corporation, individual, gift, trust, estate and state tax compliance engagements.
- Communicate and interact closely with the client’s advisors, such as attorneys and financial managers.
- Assist clients with management of federal and state tax audits.
- Interact closely with the client and their other advisors.
- Perform and review technical tax research, analysis and prepare written memorandums.
- Responsible for playing a material role in project management, as well as resource scheduling and management.
- Offer ongoing status updates to management and to the engagement team.
- Ability to reason and effectively multi-task. Strong communication skills with the ability to apply understanding to carry out and to give instructions in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Recognize complex technical issues, work collaboratively to reach appropriate conclusions, applying appropriate authority to support those conclusions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize daily work responsibilities to meet deadlines. Ability to complete work in an effective and accurate manner.
- Responsible for leading a team of staff level positions and ensuring proper execution of assignments.
- Provide staff with leadership, counseling and career guidance.
- Possess a strong background in engagement management and know how to manage all aspects of client accounts.
- Participate in mentoring, training, recruiting, retention and team-building activities.
- Present internal and external trainings on technical issues.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- 2-4 years of private client tax compliance and advisory skills.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local tax laws.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required. Degree needs to be from an accredited college/university.
- Master’s degree in Accounting preferred.
- CPA certification required or other professional certification relevant to specialized services areas.
- Private client advisor experience, including enterprise entity compliance and advisory skills.
- Experience with tax preparation and research software required – Go Systems, BNA Income Tax Planner, GoFileRoom and Checkpoint desired.
- Ability to effectively use Outlook and Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Hands-on experience with review and preparation of all forms and schedules related to individuals, gifts, trusts, estates and enterprise entities.
- Knowledge and experience with flow through entities (i.e. Family Limited Partnerships, S-Corporations, Partnerships, Trusts, etc.).
- Experience with various facets of state & local taxation, compliance and advisory. A base level of multi-state income/franchise experience is expected.
- Demonstrated experience in interfacing and managing client base on a day-to-day basis.
- Proven ability to work on multiple client engagements simultaneously and adhere to tax and client deadlines.
- Excellent supervisory, organizational, presentation, problem solving, written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.