Tax Senior Associate - International
CO-CREATE | CO-DEVELOP | DELIVER
- Why Choose PKF Texas?
- Interns & Recent Grads
- Experienced Professionals
- Current Openings
General Job Description
PKF Texas is seeking a Tax Senior Associate with international tax experience. This position will have responsibilities in the oversight of international tax compliance engagements, international tax planning, and tax provisions for public and private clients with international operations.
This position involves advising U.S. and foreign multinational companies on the tax implications of their international operations, as well as coordinating U.S. tax laws, with foreign tax laws to develop an optimal worldwide tax position. The position requires experience in working with corporate as well as pass-through entities, such as partnerships and S corporations with international operations.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for leadership, learning and career advancement to the right candidate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage client engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, directing, and completing tax projects while effectively controlling time and expenses.
- Provide and develop domestic and international tax planning techniques for clients while addressing client needs.
- Seek new opportunities from existing and potential clients with recommendations for appropriate additional services.
- Communicate and interact closely with the client's advisors, such as attorneys and financial managers.
- Recognize complex technical issues and perform research reaching appropriate conclusions and applying authority to support conclusions.
- Prepare tax memorandums on technical issues.
- Prepare and review quarterly and annual income tax provisions; identify and document uncertain tax positions.
- Assist clients with management of federal, state, and international tax audits and negotiate tax positions.
- Organize, prioritize and effectively meet deadlines in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Schedule and manage engagement team resources.
- Supervise staff and provide them with leadership, counseling and career guidance.
- Possess a strong background in engagement management and know how to manage all aspects of client accounts.
- Participate in mentoring, training, recruiting, and retention and team-building activities.
- Present internal and external training and seminars on technical issues.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- 2-4 years of public accounting, enterprise entity compliance and advisory skills, preferably with several focused on international taxation. We will invest in teaching and training international tax to high quality candidates with business enterprise experience.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Accounting. Advanced degree preferable. Degrees need to be from an accredited college/university.
- CPA eligibility required, CPA license preferred.
- Experience with tax preparation and research software required – Go Systems, BNA Income Tax Planner, GoFileRoom and Checkpoint desired.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to reason and effectively multi-task. Strong communication skills with the ability to apply understanding to carry out and to give instructions in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Hands on experience with review and preparation of all forms and schedules related to corporations, S-corporations, partnerships, and consolidated returns, including knowledge of Forms 5471, 8858, 1118, 8865, U.S. foreign tax credit, Subpart F, cash repatriation, and earnings and profits calculations.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and tax accounting/technology skills with proficiency in US GAAP and tax compliance and consulting.
- Experience with inbound and outbound transaction consulting, multi-national corporation experience, transfer pricing, foreign tax credit utilization, and tax minimization preferred.
- Strong research and compliance skills.
- Demonstrated experience in building, interfacing and managing clientele base.
- Excellent supervisory, organizational, problem solving, written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills.
- Excellent project management and presentation skills.