Tax Senior Associate - Business Enterprise
CO-CREATE | CO-DEVELOP | DELIVER
- Why Choose PKF Texas?
- Interns & Recent Grads
- Experienced Professionals
- Current Openings
General Job Description
PKF Texas is actively seeking a Business Enterprise Tax Senior Associate. This position reports directly to our Tax Managers, Tax Senior Managers and Directors and works collaboratively with the members of our expanding tax team. The Business Enterprise Tax Senior Associate performs and reviews enterprise engagements, tax planning and tax provisions for public and private clients. Engagements include but are not limited to the following: corporate taxation, consolidated returns, S-Corporation taxation, partnership taxation and state and local tax matters.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for leadership, learning and career advancement to the right candidate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Help manage client engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, directing and completing tax projects while effectively controlling time and expenses.
- Provide and develop tax planning techniques for clients while addressing client needs and seeking new opportunities for existing and potential clients; make recommendations for appropriate additional services.
- Plan and coordinate corporate, partnership, S-corporation tax compliance engagements.
- Prepare and review quarterly and annual income tax provisions; identify and document uncertain tax positions.
- Assist clients with management of federal and state tax audits and negotiate tax positions.
- Interact closely with the client and their advisors.
- Perform and review technical tax research, analysis and written memorandum.
- Responsible for playing a material role in project management, as well as resource scheduling and management.
- Offer ongoing status updates to management and to the engagement team.
- Ability to reason and effectively multi-task. Strong communication skills with the ability to apply understanding to carry out and to give instructions in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Recognize complex technical issues, work collaboratively to reach appropriate conclusions, applying appropriate authority to support those conclusions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize daily work responsibilities to meet deadlines. Ability to complete work in an effective and accurate manner.
- Responsible for leading a team of staff level positions, ensuring proper execution of assignments.
- Provide staff with leadership, counseling and career guidance.
- Possess a strong background in engagement management and know how as to managing all aspects of client accounts.
- Participate in mentoring, training, recruiting, retention and team-building activities.
- Present internal and external training on technical issues.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- 2-4 years of enterprise tax compliance and advisory skills.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local tax laws.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required. Degree needs to be from an accredited college/university.
- Master’s degree in Accounting preferred.
- CPA certification required or other professional certification relevant to specialized services areas.
- Experience with tax preparation and research software required – Go Systems, BNA Income Tax Planner, GoFileRoom and Checkpoint desired.
- Ability to effectively use Outlook and Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Hands-on experience with review and preparation of all forms and schedules related to C corporations, S-corporations, partnerships and consolidated returns.
- Excellent analytical, technical and tax accounting/technology skills with proficiency in US GAAP and tax compliance and consulting.
- Experience with inbound and outbound transaction consulting, multi-national corporation experience, transfer pricing, foreign tax credit utilization, and tax minimization is helpful but not required.
- Strong research and compliance skills.
- International tax experience and knowledge helpful, but not required.
- Demonstrated experience in interfacing and managing client base on a day-to-day basis.
- Proven ability to work on multiple client engagements simultaneously and adhere to tax and client deadlines.
- Excellent supervisory, organizational, problem solving, written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.