CO-CREATE | CO-DEVELOP | DELIVER
- Why Choose PKF Texas?
- Interns & Recent Grads
- Experienced Professionals
- Current Openings
General Job Description
PKF Texas is actively seeking a Tax Associate. This position reports directly to our Tax Senior Associates, Managers, Tax Senior Managers and Directors and works collaboratively with the members of our expanding tax team. The Tax Associate performs enterprise and individual tax compliance engagements, tax planning, and tax provisions for public and private clients. Engagements include but are not limited to the following: corporate taxation, consolidated returns, S-Corporation taxation, partnership taxation, individual taxation, estate/trust/gift returns and state and local tax matters.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for leadership, learning and career advancement to the right candidate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Help manage client engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing and completing tax projects while effectively controlling time and expenses.
- Assist with developing tax planning techniques for clients while addressing client needs and seeking new opportunities for existing and potential clients.
- Plan and coordinate corporate, partnership, S-corporation and individual tax compliance engagements.
- Prepare quarterly and annual income tax provisions; identify and document uncertain tax positions.
- Assist clients with management of federal and state tax audits and negotiate tax positions.
- Assist with individual, gift, trust and estate returns.
- Perform technical tax research, analysis, and written memorandum.
- Responsible for project management, as well as resource scheduling and management.
- Offer ongoing status updates to management and to the engagement team.
- Ability to reason and effectively multi-task. Strong communication skills with the ability to apply understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to organize work and projects, prioritize and meet deadlines. Ability to complete work in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Participate in mentoring, training, recruiting, retention and team-building activities.
- Present internal and external training and seminars on technical issues.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- 0-2 years of tax compliance and advisory skills.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local tax laws.
- Bachelor and Master’s degree in Accounting required.
- CPA eligibility required.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and tax accounting/technology skills with proficiency in US GAAP and tax compliance.
- Proven ability to work on multiple client engagements and adhere to tax deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional communication skills.