CO-CREATE | CO-DEVELOP | DELIVER
- Why Choose PKF Texas?
- Interns & Recent Grads
- Experienced Professionals
- Current Openings
General Job Description
PKF Texas is actively seeking an Audit Associate. This position reports directly to our Audit Senior Associates, Managers, Senior Managers and Directors and works collaboratively with the members of our expanding audit team.
Those at the Associate level are entry-level employees who are interested in pursuing a career in professional services, in the field of audit. During this time, the Associate needs to focus on developing skills, building their technical skill base, understanding and executing diligent client service, and getting oriented to the Firm’s practices, policies, and culture. Work is performed under close supervision. Responsibilities increase with demonstrated skill.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for leadership, learning and career advancement to the right candidate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively demonstrates a willingness to learn and attain greater knowledge on a continual basis; looks to build technical skill base.
- Grasps concepts quickly and demonstrates knowledge of basic technical skills, as well as related knowledge of necessary systems and procedures.
- Makes well-thought-out decisions and considers all facts prior to making final conclusions.
- Asks appropriate questions and requests supervision when in need of assistance. Keeps management apprised of the status of the project.
- Demonstrates knowledge through effective communications; seeks to continuously develop verbal and written communication skills.
- Follow regulations and professional ethics standards bodies appropriate to discipline including AICPA.
- Keep current on all professional pronouncements.
- Develops proficiency in use of all technology necessary to performance execution.
- Understands basics of client systems environment in context of any client project.
- Is conscious of and works to achieve personal and departmental goals (i.e. personal charge targets, learning objectives/CPE, project profitability) as determined by practice leader.
- Ensures quality control procedures are being executed under direction of engagement supervisor.
- Maintains positive client relationships.
- Responds timely and accurately to internal team and client requests.
- Develops efficient work habits to work accurately, efficiently, and with organization and detail-orientation.
- Demonstrates willingness to work within budgetary parameters and approaches projects with a sense of urgency and is completion oriented.
- Appropriately communicates difficult situations encountered on engagements to supervisor.
- Performs thorough self-review of all work prior to submission to supervisor.
- Is proactive in seeking opportunities to achieve target chargeability (determined by Practice Leaders).
- Understands that time may be spent in both the Firm’s offices and/or the client’s premises. Additionally, client service activity may not always be predictable, and may be subject to immediate change or on-call requests with very short notice. Travel may be frequent and unpredictable, depending on client’s needs, and may include domestic and/or international travel.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with 0-2 years of relevant experience and actively working toward passing the CPA Exam. Public accounting or other professional services experience preferred.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and auditing standards. Familiarity with audit procedures and the ability to distinguish between material and immaterial items.
- Must maintain required CPE credits annually.
- Ability to effectively use Prosystem Fx Engagement and Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Ability to operate office equipment (fax machine, telephone skills, calculator, copier, etc.).
- Ability to organize work and projects, prioritize and meet deadlines. Ability to complete work in an efficient and accurate manner. The volume of work during busy seasons is typically higher than at other times of the year.
- Ability to reason and effectively multi-task. Strong communication skills with the ability to apply understanding to carry out and to give instructions in written, oral, or diagram form.