Kristin Ryan, CPA
CO-CREATE | CO-DEVELOP | DELIVER
A Houston-based firm of CPAs and professional advisors co-developing solutions with our clients at every stage of the business life cycle.
Kristin has extensive experience with external audit of financial statements in various industries for both public and privately held companies, including high-profile clients. Experience includes preparing GAAP and IFRS financial statements including extensive note disclosure research and preparation, as well as internal controls and process evaluation. She also has extensive experience in employee benefit plan audits including 401(k) and Pension plans. Kristin has developed quality relationships with our clients, as well as her team members.
She has been heavily involved in recruiting for PKF Texas and various other firm initiatives, including involvement with the firm’s advisory and journalism committees and charity efforts. Over the past several years she has also been dedicated to training staff at PKF Texas and revamped the staff level training program. Kristin championed the Coaching Program for the Audit Department and serves on the Coaching Committee.
- Manufacturing and Distribution
- Energy and Oilfield Services
- Private Equity
- Professional Services
- Financial Services
- Employee Benefit Plans
CPA, Certified Public Accountant
Pannell Kerr Forster of Texas, P.C., Houston, TX
Senior Manager, 2017 – Present
University of Houston, Houston, TX
Bachelor of Business Administration - Accountancy
Master of Science - Accountancy
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Greater Houston Partnership Women's Business Alliance - Member
- “Identifying the top challenges in ERP implementation” – Houston Business Journal, June 2017
- “Audit and accounting standard updates impacting middle-market companies and others” – Houston Business Journal, January 2017
- NAAATS Conference 2016: A Bird’s Eye View – Leading Edge Magazine, Fall 2016
- “401(k) plans: Hot topics and deficiencies” – Houston Business Journal, August 31, 2015
- “Tight Deadlines and Why They Don’t Have to Be So Painful” – Leading Edge Digital Magazine, Spring 2015
- “Navigating Promotions – A Thoughtful Approach” - Leading Edge Digital Magazine, Fall 2014
- “5 less-apparent tricks to prepare for your next audit” – Leading Edge Digital Magazine, Fall 2013
What do you like best about helping clients?
Providing meaningful advice and being trusted by my clients as their financial and benefit plan advisor.
What energizes you about your job?
Helping clients identify and execute solutions and developing others through training and coaching.
Where are you from?
Greater Houston area
What do you do in your spare time?
Spend time outdoors with my husband and our triplets.
What's your favorite vacation destination?
Breckenridge, Colorado (to name one)
What’s something cool we don’t know about you?
I love grammar, writing and crafting/scrapbooking.
- Mohamad Al-kawafha, CPA, CGMA
- Tom Aune, MCSE, CISA, CPA
- Pete Cao, CPA
- Debra Chastain, CPA
- Chris Dodd, CPA
- Binh H. Duong, CPA
- Hanh Duong, CPA
- Shelly Hayes, CPA
- Jen Lemanski
- Becky Leong, CPA
- Patty Lindsay, CPA, CGMA
- Chad Neckar, CPA
- Sam Razmandi, CPA
- Nicole Riley, CPA, CFE
- Kristin Ryan, CPA
- Emily Smikal, CPA
- Angelica Vaquera, SHRM-SCP
- Kimberly Wood, CPA