Douglas Parker, CPA
CO-CREATE | CO-DEVELOP | DELIVER
A Houston-based firm of CPAs and professional advisors co-developing solutions with our clients at every stage of the business life cycle.
Doug has experience in federal and state taxation across a variety of industries. He has experience working with large multi-tier partnership entities, as well as closely held private companies. In addition to his tax compliance experience, Doug also has several years of tax consulting experience with federal income tax accounting methods, research and development tax credits, cost segregation studies, domestic production activities deductions (DPAD) and Uniform Capitalization (UNICAP).
- Private Equity
- Energy and Oilfield Services
- Health Care
- Life Sciences
- Manufacturing and Distribution
- Professional Services
- Transportation and Logistics
CPA, Certified Public Accountant
Pannell Kerr Forster of Texas, P.C., Houston, TX, 2017 - Present
Grant Thornton, LLP, Dallas, TX and Houston, TX, 2015 - 2017
White Nelson Diehl Evans, LLP, Irvine, CA, 2012 - 2015
Capital Group Companies, Irvine, CA, 2010 - 2012
Control Analyst Private Client Services
Deloitte Tax, LLP, Costa Mesa, CA, 2008 - 2010
Senior Tax Consultant
Chapman University, Orange, CA
Bachelor of Science - Accounting, 2008
Bachelor of Science Business Administration - Finance Emphasis, 2008
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Passed all three levels of the CFA Program, 2013
- Co-Presenter, “Accounting for Entrepreneurship” – Rice University OwlSpark Entrepreneurship Accelerator & University of Houston Red Labs Entrepreneurship Accelerator, Aug. 7, 2018
- Guest Speaker, “What CEOs Need To Know About The New Tax Reform” – Texas Life Science CEO Summit – BioHouston, April 23, 2018
- The CPA Desk Blog
- “Tax-Free Fringe Benefits for Small Businesses and Their Employees,” October 2018
- “How ‘Going Green’ Can Save You Taxes,” July 2018
- “Bonus Depreciation in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act,” January 2018
- “Two ACA Taxes Which May Apply to Your Executive Compensation,” October 2017
- “Consider This Tax-Smart Medical Expenses Strategy,” October 2017
Why did you choose to be a CPA and/or advisor?
I chose to become a CPA, because the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported tremendous job growth and security over my projected employable years.
What do you like best about helping clients?
What I enjoy most about helping clients is finding opportunities to lower their tax liability and their gratitude when we are able to realize those savings.
What energizes you about your job?
What energizes me about my job is finding new and creative ways to lower my clients' tax liabilities.
What energizes you about working at PKF Texas?
What energizes me most about working at PKF Texas is the entrepreneurial mindset held by the firm, allowing for boundless career growth opportunities.
Why are you passionate about serving this niche?
My passion for serving clients through tax consulting and compliance services is simple. I enjoy helping clients navigate the complexities of an ever-changing tax landscape.
Where are you from?
What do you do in your spare time?
Watch sports, play darts and spend time with family and friends.
What's your favorite season?
What's your favorite sport to follow?
Do you own any pets?
What kind of music do you like?
Anything with a good beat.
What is your favorite book/author? Or What are you reading right now?
John C. Maxwell
What's your favorite vacation destination?
The Westin Kierland Resort in Scottsdale, AZ
The greatest Christmas movies of all time, Lethal Weapon and Die Hard.
What is your most-prized possession?
What’s something cool we don’t know about you?
I am an Eagle Scout.
- Keith Bateman, CPA
- Graham Brooks, CPA
- Chris Dodd, CPA
- Jen Edmiston, CPA
- Mandi Fields, CPA, PHR, SHRM-CP
- Valerie Frey, CPA
- Mark Goode, Jr., CPA
- Renee Kroesch, CPA
- Olga LaBrie, JD, LLM
- Amir Mirab, CPA
- Douglas Parker, CPA
- Emily Phillips, CPA
- Miriam Rouziek, CPA
- Alicia Welshimer, CPA
- Annjeanette Yglesias, CPA