Michael Veuleman, CPA
CO-CREATE | CO-DEVELOP | DELIVER
A Houston-based firm of CPAs and professional advisors co-developing solutions with our clients at every stage of the business life cycle.
Audit, review, due diligence and financial consulting for privately held and private equity-backed businesses in a broad range of industries including manufacturing, distribution, oilfield services, hospitality (city and country clubs) construction and professional services firms.
Audit and financial reporting services to clients with international operations, including U.S. and foreign-owned companies with multiple subsidiaries and locations.
Financial audit and 11-K and DOL reporting for employee benefit plans including defined contribution, defined benefit and health and welfare plans.
Thought Leader Publications:
- 2019 National Manufacturing Outlook and Insights Survey - With more than 350 participants, this survey report contains the expectations and opinions of manufacturing executives in more than 20 states across the country producing a wide variety of products including industrial/machining, transportation/automotive, construction, food and beverage, and other products. If you have questions regarding the results or nature of this survey, please contact us.
- Oilfield Services
- Professional Services
- Commercial Real Estate
- Real Estate Development
- Employee Benefit Plans
CPA, Certified Public Accountant
Pannell Kerr Forster of Texas, P.C., Houston, TX, 1998 - Present
Practice Leader, 2018 - Present
Director, 2007 – 2018
Senior Manager, 2003 - 2007
Cavett, Turner & Wyble, L.L.P., Beaumont, TX
June 1993 - May 1998
Lamar University, Lamar, TX
Bachelor of Business Administration – Accounting, 1993
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Houston Chapter of Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Baylor University Accounting Advisory Board
- East End Chamber of Commerce – Treasurer/Board Member
- Greater Houston Manufacturers Association – Treasurer
- Greater Houston Port Bureau
- “Employee Benefit Plans: Operations, Liabilities and Protections” – Houston Business Journal, January 5, 2015
- “Risk and oversight of employee benefit plans” – Leading Edge Magazine, Winter 2010
Video Series – PKF Texas – The Entrepreneur’s Playbook®:
- Employee Benefit Audit Plans: Fiduciary Responsibilities
- Employee Benefit Audit Plans: Fiduciary Liabilities
Why did you choose to be a CPA and/or advisor?
Family influences and a clear path to a job, honestly, when deciding on a major. But I found that it came naturally, and I have enjoyed it throughout my career.
What do you like best about helping clients?
I like to teach and see the "ah ha" moments. Most middle-market companies do not have the luxury of staffing a full complement of experts, so that allows us the opportunity to be a resource. It's much more relational than transactional.
What energizes you about your job?
The fact that each day is completely different and mostly does not go according to plans. Between serving clients, assisting team members and fellow partners, a to-do list can look largely untouched at the end of the day.
What energizes you about working at PKF Texas?
Knowing that the founders and the current owners focus on quality in everything we do. I also enjoy the fact that PKF Texas is a locally owned, independent firm with the freedom to decide what is best for our clients and employees.
Where are you from?
What do you do in your spare time?
Catch up on sleep, recorded shows, honey-do's and hang out with the family.
What's your favorite season?
I'm a public accountant so, naturally, busy season.
What's your favorite sport to follow?
Do you own any pets?
Yes. One Morkie, Taffy. I bought her for the girls, but Mom and Dad are pretty attached as well.
What kind of music do you like?
I appreciate talent from most genres. My playlist jumps from jazz, country, pop, gospel, R&B, etc.
What's your favorite vacation destination?
Colorado - Skiing
No particular favorite but I like suspense thrillers most.
- Brian Baumler, CPA
- Rafael Carsalade, CPA
- Chris Dodd, CPA
- Martin Euson, JD
- Sonia Freeman, CPA, CGMA
- Matthew Goldston, CPA, CM&AA, CVA, CEPA
- Annabella Green, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, PAFM
- Kenneth Guidry, CPA
- Chris Hatten, CPA, CM&AA, CVA
- Byron Hebert, CPA, CTP
- Nikki Homratsamy, CPA
- Ryan Istre, CPA
- Frank Landreneau, CPA
- Marty Lindle, CPA
- Sam Razmandi, CPA
- Nicole Riley, CPA, CFE
- Chip Schweiger, CPA, CGMA
- Emily Smikal, CPA
- Jim Streets, CPA
- Danielle Supkis Cheek, CPA, CFE, CVA
- Michael Veuleman, CPA
- Gary Voth, CPA, JD
- J. Del Walker, CPA