CO-CREATE | CO-DEVELOP | DELIVER
A Houston-based firm of CPAs and professional advisors co-developing solutions with our clients at every stage of the business life cycle.
“I believe one woman’s success can only help another woman’s success.” – Gloria Vanderbilt
Karen Love is passionate about mentoring women and young professionals, as mentors and sponsors made an impact on her career, believing in paying it forward. Karen, as one of the first non-CPA owners in an accounting firm, played a tremendous role in the strategic direction of PKF Texas for the past 18 years. She recently founded Karen Love + Co., focusing on strategic consulting and working with clients to own their power with care and love. Her first client is PKF Texas, continuing to provide insight and strategic direction for women’s initiatives and other marketplace connections.
A trail blazer, Karen was named the "Chief Marketing Officer of the Year" at the 2017 C-Suite Awards and a "Woman Who Means Business" both from the Houston Business Journal. She was also recognized by the Leading Edge Alliance with the "On The Edge Innovation" Award and was a 2016 - 2017 MAKERS@ Awardee. She has been a "Breakthrough Woman" by the Greater Houston Women's Chamber of Commerce, "Woman on the Move" by Texas Executive Women, one of "Houston’s Most Influential Women" by Houston Woman Magazine and a "Marketer of the Year" and Hall of Fame Inductee by the Association of Accounting Marketing. Karen was Honorary Chair of the YWCA Outstanding Women’s Luncheon and the 2017 Making a Difference Community Leader Honoree at the El Centro de Corazon Luncheon. She serves on the Greater Houston Women’s Chamber of Commerce Board, Rice Alliance Advisory Board, is past Chair of the Executive Women’s Partnership at the Greater Houston Partnership, and an American Leadership Forum Class XXXV Senior Fellow. She is also the co-founder of the Friendship Factor, a business networking group of women helping women.
Pannell Kerr Forster of Texas, P.C., Houston, TX
Director-Ambassador, 2018 - Present
Director, Practice Growth, 2000 - 2018
Lobbied while on the Texas State Board of the American Heart Association - Austin, TX and Washington D.C.
Chaired Salute to Texas State Legislature, American Heart Association Texas Affiliate - Austin, TX
- International Women’s Forum (IWF)
- University of Houston Bauer College – Working Families Initiative Advisory Board
- American Leadership Forum Senior Fellow – Class XXXV
- Greater Houston Partnership – Past Chair, Executive Women’s Partnership and Soiree Chair (3 years)
- Greater Houston Women’s Chamber of Commerce – Board of Directors, past Chair
- Rice Alliance – Advisory Board, Host Committee Rice Business Plan Competition
- Association for Accounting Marketing – National Board member and Houston Chapter Founder
- Greater Houston Partnership – Professional Services Chair, Business Development Chair, Advocates Committee Chair, World Trade Soiree Working Chair, Business Leadership Council Steering Committee, Member Advisory Services Committee
- Greater Houston Women's Chamber of Commerce -
- Thought Leaders Committee - 2011
- Co-Chair, Greater Houston Women's Conference - 2012
- Goodwill Industries – Board of Trustees
- BioHouston - Advisory Board
- Texas Executive Women – 2012 Women on the Move Luncheon Committee
- MIT Enterprise Forum – Board of Directors
- American Heart Association – Texas Affiliate State Board
- Houston Technology Center – Service Provider Network Chair
- The Council on Alcohol and Drugs Houston – Advisory Board
- City of Houston Mayor's International Affairs & Development Council (MIADC) – Canada
- PKF North America – Super Marketers, Women in Leadership Taskforce
- Houstonian Hotel Club & Spa – Member Advisory Board – 2010, 2011
- Association for Accounting Marketing – National Board member – 2004 - 2006
- Women Who Mean Business Honoree – Houston Business Journal, 2017
- C-Suite Honoree for Chief Marketing Officer – Houston Business Journal, 2017
- On the Edge Innovation Award – Leading Edge Alliance, 2017
- MAKERS@ Awardee – MAKERS, an international video platform for women, 2016 - 2017
- Making a Difference Community Leader Honoree - El Centro de Corazon, 2017
- Breakthrough Woman - Greater Houston Women’s Chamber of Commerce, 2016
- Volunteer of the Year - Greater Houston Women’s Chamber of Commerce
- Woman on the Move - Texas Executive Women
- 50 Most Influential Women - Houston Woman Magazine
- Hall of Fame - Association for Accounting Marketing (AAM)
- Communications Team of the Year - Public Relations Society of America
- Distinguished Service Award - American Heart Association
- Marketer of the Year - CPA Marketing Report/AAM
- Top 100 Most Influential People - Accounting Today
- Thought leader in creating the Houston Young Professionals Endeavor with the Greater Houston Partnership
- Since 2000, industry groups have recognized Karen and PKF Texas with over 150 marketing awards.
Houston Business Journal
- Bizwomen Mentoring Monday, 2014-2018
- Conversationalist at the “Art of Conversation” Luncheon, 2017
Trinity University Women and Girls Leadership Summit
- The Friendship Factor – co-host with Leisa Holland-Nelson
- The Friendship Factor – co-host with Leisa Holland-Nelson
University of Houston Center for Women’s Studies
- Conversationalist – Table Talk Luncheon
Leading Edge Alliance
- Woman’s Leadership Development SIG
- Conference session facilitator
- Women Mean Business presentation
- Accessing Women’s Buying Power as a Business Development Tool
Greater Houston Women’s Chamber of Commerce
- “Creating a Sustainable Brand for Your Business and Yourself” – Panelist
Association for Accounting Marketing
- “Come Out On Top: How to Rise in a Downturn” – Panelist
- “Lessons from Leaders: Ideas to Act on Today”
- Co-authored the "Corporate Social Responsibility" chapter in the AICPA book, Bull's-Eye! The Ultimate How-To Marketing & Sales Guide for CPAs
- “Women as Relationship-Builders: Access Their Influence” – Growth Strategies, Association for Accounting Marketing
- “Too many meetings? Make sure they’re all worthwhile, or call them off” – Quoted, Houston Chronicle
- co-host with Michelle Golden-River and Lauren Clemmer - “Leveraging the Marketing Function” – AICPA Growing Your Practice Webinar Series
- “Mentoring Women and How to Succeed in Business” - Passion Time with Patricia Gras
- Greater Houston Women’s Chamber of Commerce Breakthrough Woman video and impromptu GHWCC testimonial
What energizes you about your job?
This position of Ambassador allows me to use my skill set, relationships I have developed and resources created to help clients and friends of the firm achieve their personal and professional career goals.
Why are you passionate about serving this niche?
I am passionate about serving as an Ambassador for PKF Texas. Having been a Director/Shareholder for 18 years, it only seems natural to act as Ambassador and to market for a firm I truly believe offers so much to clients and the community.
What's your favorite season?
My favorite season is my birthday month/Christmas season. I love the lighthearted levity, giving and care people show for each other from Thanksgiving to New Years.
What is your favorite book/author? Or What are you reading right now?
I like Dan Pink, because he is somebody who I consider a futurist, and he gives practical application around strategic thinking.
Who was/is the most influential person in your life?
I come from a long line of strong women, both Grandmother and Mother were the hardest working women I've ever met. I love their tenacity with the "Never Say Die." My Mother's words, "You can do anything you put your mind to," speak to me daily.
- Brian Baumler, CPA
- Rafael Carsalade, CPA
- Martin Euson, JD
- Sonia Freeman, CPA, CGMA
- Matthew Goldston, CPA, CM&AA, CVA
- Annabella Green, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, AAAPM
- Kenneth Guidry, CPA
- Chris Hatten, CPA, CM&AA, CVA
- Byron Hebert, CPA, CTP
- Nikki Homratsamy, CPA
- Ryan Istre, CPA
- Frank Landreneau, CPA
- Marty Lindle, CPA
- Karen Love
- Chip Schweiger, CPA, CGMA
- Jim Streets, CPA
- Danielle Supkis Cheek, CPA, CFE, CVA
- Michael Veuleman, CPA
- Gary Voth, CPA, JD
- J. Del Walker, CPA