Chip Schweiger, CPA, CGMA
CO-CREATE | CO-DEVELOP | DELIVER
A Houston-based firm of CPAs and professional advisors co-developing solutions with our clients at every stage of the business life cycle.
In Chip’s capacity as an audit director, he has executive responsibility for leading our teams in delivery of client service in a broad range of industries, including manufacturing, distribution, energy, oilfield services, software, employee benefit plans, not-for-profits, and Federal government grants and contracting.
He brings his clients extensive public company audit experience, including initial public offerings, secondary equity offerings, PCAOB inspections, and acquisitions. Coupled with decades of experience auditing owner-managed businesses and private equity portfolio companies, he believes in delivering a strong client service approach with a demonstrated history of developing effective working relationships with several large and high-profile clients during his professional career. Chip’s client responsibilities have spanned the spectrum from closely held private companies to multinational corporations with over $10 billion in annual revenues. He also advises Federal government grantees in the areas of contract compliance, award administration and financial reporting.
- Energy and Oilfield Services
- Manufacturing and Distribution
- Employee Benefit Plans
- Private Equity
- Software Technology
- Transportation and Logistics
- Government Grants and Contracts, including Aerospace and Defense
CPA, Certified Public Accountant
CGMA, Chartered Global Management Accountant
Pannell Kerr Forster of Texas, P.C., Houston, TX
Audit Director, 2016 - Present
Whitley Penn, Houston, TX
Partner, 2013 - 2016
Grant Thornton, LLP, Denver, CO; Dallas, TX
Audit Practice Leader, 2010 - 2013
Partner, 2004 – 2013
National Aerospace and Defense Industry Sector Leader, 2010 - 2012
PwC, Dallas, TX; Cleveland, OH; Los Angeles, CA
Senior Manager, 1998 - 2003
Coopers & Lybrand, Los Angeles, CA
Senior Associate, 1996 – 1998
United States Army Reserve
Infantry Officer, 1982 – 2003
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
Bachelor of Science - Finance and Business Economics
- Private Directors Association - Houston Chapter Founding Member
- Center for Houston’s Future Leadership Forum Graduate, Spring 2016
- Economic Alliance Houston Port Region – Board of Directors
- Former Texas Rangers Foundation – Board of Directors
- Royal Oaks Country Club – Board of Directors
- Greater Houston Partnership – Economic Development and Energy Councils
- Independent Petroleum Association of America
- Texas Alliance of Energy Producers – Houston Wildcatter
- World Affairs Council of Houston – Patron
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo – Life Member and Committeeman
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants – Houston Chapter
- Moderator, "What's Next for 2021: Accounting and SEC Reporting Updates" - Pannell Kerr Forster of Texas, P.C., December 2020
- Moderator, "Energy Transition: What does a low carbon energy future mean to me?" - KCA Houston Energy Evening, December 2020
- Baylor Accounting Firm Day - Baylor University, January 2019
- "Hot Topics in Business Combinations" - TXCPA CPE by the Sea Conference, 2018
- "Hot Topics in Business Combinations" - TXCPA Houston Expo, 2018
- 2019 National Manufacturing Outlook and Insights Survey - With more than 350 participants, this survey report contains the expectations and opinions of manufacturing executives in more than 20 states across the country producing a wide variety of products including industrial/machining, transportation/automotive, construction, food and beverage and other products. If you have questions regarding the results or nature of this survey, please contact us.
- FASB Clarifies the Definition of a Business – Houston Business Journal, April 2017
- External Confirmation Process – The CPA Journal, January 2014
- Business Integrity Can Enhance the Bottom Line – Denver Business Journal, February 2011
- Enhancing the Efficiency of Audit Confirmations – Journal of Accountancy, April 2008
- Implementing the New ASB Risk Assessment Audit Standards – The CPA Journal, June 2007
- 2007 Max Block Award for best article on technical analysis – The CPA Journal
What do you like best about helping clients?
I believe our middle-market clients are the economic engine that drives our global and Texas economies, so helping them achieve their business goals by providing accurate financial statements is very satisfying to me.
What energizes you about working at PKF Texas?
Watching our people develop as professionals and apply that experience to serving our clients really keeps me energized each day!
Where are you from?
I was born in San Pedro, California but got to Houston as soon as I could! I'm officially a naturalized Texan.
What do you do in your spare time?
I can usually be found giving back to the community by volunteering with the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo and Former Texas Ranger Foundation, lost on the golf course or riding my horse.
What kind of music do you like?
I'm an equal opportunity consumer of music, but my favorite is traditional country western music.
What is your favorite book/author? Or What are you reading right now?
Currently, I'm reading a biography of Stephen F. Austin, titled Empresario of Texas, by Gregg Cantrell.
- Brian Baumler, CPA
- Rafael Carsalade, CPA
- Chris Dodd, CPA
- Martin Euson, JD
- Sonia Freeman, CPA, CGMA
- Matthew Goldston, CPA, CM&AA, CVA, CEPA
- Annabella Green, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, PAFM
- Kenneth Guidry, CPA
- Chris Hatten, CPA, CM&AA, CVA
- Byron Hebert, CPA, CTP
- Nikki Homratsamy, CPA
- Ryan Istre, CPA
- Frank Landreneau, CPA
- Marty Lindle, CPA
- Sam Razmandi, CPA
- Nicole Riley, CPA, CFE
- Chip Schweiger, CPA, CGMA
- Emily Smikal, CPA
- Jim Streets, CPA
- Danielle Supkis Cheek, CPA, CFE, CVA
- Michael Veuleman, CPA
- Gary Voth, CPA, JD
- J. Del Walker, CPA